Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Nature...the great escape.











This is my layout for the Design Team September Assignment. The products I was given were the Prima Iron Ons (bright pink flowers), Canvas, Tim Holtz Destress Stickles (Scattered Straw), Prima Pebble, Graphic 45 Paper, Prima felt stems, 7 Gypsies book cover, and a straw looking piece of ribbon.
The challenges I met were:
1. Combine water with Tim Holtz inks or paints. I used this technique to create my butterflies. First, I used my Stampendous Butterflies Stamps and Staz On ink to stamp the butterflies onto just some plain white paper. Then I cut them out. Next, I took 3-4 different Tim Holtz inks and stamped randomly onto a piece of craft paper and then misted it lightly with water with my Mini Mister. Then I just rubbed the butterflies into the ink. Next I added some wire for the antenaes.
2. Use a doodling template to create a background or enhance a print. I used the Bazzill flourish doodling template to accent my background paper with red flourishes.
3. Use the canvas 3 different ways. My first way was the the 12x12 label print behind the large photo. I used the Claudine Hellmuth Studio paints to paint the canvas and then cut it out. I tried to use the same colors and mirror the reflection in the picture. Second way is the canvas flower. I cut 3 different size cirlcles, glimmer misted them and then attached them with a brad. Lastly, the title on my book cover is canvas. I cut it in a square, leaving the ends tattered and then painted it blue. I then stamped the title and flowers onto a piece of tissue paper, painted it with water colors, and then adhered it to the canvas using multi-medium gloss. Oh, and one more place I used canvas was on the inside of the book above the picture on the right side. I just cut a strip with pinking shears and then cinched the strip with red thread.
4. Use buttons and/or create buttons. I created a flower out of buttons and also used several different buttons as accents on the inside of the book.
5. Use one color photo among black & white pics. My big one is color and all the rest are b & w.
6. Use lace or fabric. I used both. The orange flower above the button flower is fabric. I glued some fabric down to a piece of chipboard then stamped a flower and cut it out. I used lace on the edges of my book.
Well, that's it. Hope you like.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty!!!!!..... You girls are something else... All creative and stuff...haha.... I enjoyed seeing you and sharing some much needed laughs the other evening... I heard you are taggin along in MAy!! wooop woop... Were my party people @????

    ReplyDelete