Saturday, April 10, 2010

My favs




Hello All,
Wow, it's been a while.
Here is my layout from our first assignment on the Design Team.

As you know, we had to do a layout about ourselves, and well, this is a struggle for me cause, seriously, I don't scrapbook about just myself. It's usually my kids, vacations, holidays, or events.

The paper line i used was My Minds Eye--Spider's Web and the doily is from Crate Paper. The second (light colored) paper on the background was distressed, inked and then sewn to the black paper. I cut the doily in half and then punched different shaped circles and placed them around the edges of the doily and sewed them on.

The idea i had for this layout was to make a list of some of my favorite things and then to put something on the layout that corresponds with each one. Most of the items are clustered on the left side of the picture. And yes, I love to cluster!!

So bear with me as i go down the list:
1. time w family and friends--to represent this i took a heidi swapp chipboard clock and cut out the center and then pop-dotted a different background and put flowers, buttons, and bling in the center
2 .Traveling (love traveling). I put some of our actual airline tickets and a seashell from the beach in Brazil.
3. artistic outlets--for this i put one of my paintbrushes and well, the layout is a representation of this too.
4. shopping--the flower at the bottom left is made out of different receipts i found in my purse at the time. i topped it with a prima flower and put a ring on a pin thru the flower. hehe
5. sports n outdoors (tough one)--the feathers and the picture on the top right of us hiking in Yellowstone. (I know, i'm reaching on this one.)
6. music n dancing--i took a piece of sheet music and tore it and distressed it and placed it on top of the airline tickets. down at the bottom is one of my husbands guitar picks, and the jazz shoe is from my daughters dance bag.
7. reading--took the cover from the book of one of my favorite authors--nicholas sparks
8. wine--got a cork from a bottle of wine (prolly the one i was sippin on whiloe doin this layout)
9. movies--there is a movie stub down at the bottom next to the wine cork
10. sushi--chopsticks are clustered in there with the other stuff
11. chocolate---got a dove milk chocolate and hershey bar wrapper in there as well.

I had to put a cross in there as well, because, where would i be without God in my life.

The pink represents my mardi gras krewe---Xanadu (pink is our signature color). The middle picture on the right (the only one in color) is a picture of me and my husband at the Ball this year. I was dressed in pink and a blonde wig because i was an entertainer and danced at the ball. we were supposed to be Barbies. lol. I balanced out the pink on the other side with a feather from the table decorations.

Well, i think that's it. Hope u like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment