Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Easter EGG-citement




Hey guys,
Sorry so long between postings. So much has been going on. The end of the school year is always a busy time. Then I was away for 2 weeks and while I was gone a lightning storm took out my computer. Anyways, I'm trying to get back on track.
This was our 3rd Design Team l/o. The only items I was given was the swiss polka dot pink paper, the Bazzil flourish edge strip, buzz and bloom flowers, and some tickets.
This layout was easier for me than the last. Since I was only given the pink paper, it was easy to add color and other papers and embellishments.
I tore, inked and distressed the brown paper. There is a clustering of 'stuff' (paper cut-out flowers, rub-ons, tickets, bling, etc..) in the lower left corner and a clustering of flowers on the right side. I tried to make this look like a bouquet of flowers. Clustering was one of our challenges. Making different types of flowers was another. I used lots of flowers on mine. Flowers are one of my favorite things. 2 of my flowers are made by layering a bunch of different types of flowers. One of them is made with the tickets and then on top of it is a flower I made by weaving different strips of cardstock, glueing it to a chipboard and then cutting it out. One of my flowers is made of felt and the last one I made with beads. There is also a string of beads weaved thru the bazzil flourish. Beads were another challenge. Thel leaves on the bouquet were made by alcohol inking a transparency with green, white and gold, then stamping a leaf on it and cutting it out. I painted and decorated the buzz and bloom flowers and placed them them down in the 'grass' (which is actually a ribbon) along with some easter eggs I made and decorated. The word egg is chipboard that I covered with paper and then used glossy accents on. Lastly, a cute bee was placed in the upper right and I stitched a buzz line.

1 comment:

  1. I love this layout! I thought you did a great job on this assignment! Way to go Liz! And you thought you couldn't do this! You are rocking chic!

    ReplyDelete