Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sisters


This layout was my 4th assignment with the Design Team. We were given the Heidi Swapp Resist Chipboard Sheet, Invisibles, and Chipboard shapes. The challenges that I used in my l/o were: curling, folding paper, creating a tone on tone l/o, using lace, using corrugated chipboard, creating a 3 dimensional embellishment, and creating a new look with ribbon.

The pictures I chose were from my niece Sara's wedding. My oldest daughter, Chelsea, was one of the bridesmaids. Their dresses were chocolate brown with an ivory sash and so I used the same 2 colors in my l/o to coordinate with her dress.

My background is actually the resist chipboard. I painted it first with brown acryllic paint and then rubbed the paint off over the 'resistable' area with a damp paper towel. I also rubbed lightly over the non-resistable area to give it a kind of old/vintage look. Lastly I sprayed it with tattered leather glimmer mist to give a little bit of a shine. There are several layers of torn and distressed paper but the top one is curled over and a piece of lace put just behind it at the top and then a pin is stuck through it. There is also a lace flower that i made in the upper right corner. The photo corners are actually large pieces of corrugated chipboard that I tore and inked. My 3 dimensional embellishments are the fleur-de-lis, which has 3 layers and the flourishes on the right and left sides. These I made by cutting the exact flourishes out of one of my papers and layering them on top of each other with a pop dot in between. I didn't put them exactly straight on top of each other but instead moved the top one slightly to the side. I don't know if I really created a 'new look' with ribbon (well, it was new to me) but I did create alot of different looks with ribbon. I wrapped a very small ribbon randomly around the corrugated chipboard and wrapped some ribbon around each painted then heat embossed letter. The ribbon that is at the bottom of the photos is the brown ribbon weaved in and out of another ivory ribbon and then pushed to make a ruffled effect. One other place that I used ribbon was at the upper right and left corners. I tied the ribbon in a knot and had punched holes randomly and then just took the ribbon in and out and then put a knot at the other end. One of my favorite things on this l/o though is the yo-yo, ya-yo, yo-ya, or whaever their called, flowers that I made. I think that's it.

1 comment:

  1. Liz - you really went all out on this assignment! I love it! I love the way you used the corregated cardboard and the lace and your flowers! You really put in a lot of effort into it! Good JOB! but that's because you were excited to leave for Italy! ...LOL Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete